Singapore – Suspend disbelief, and get set to dive into an epic pop-culture weekend as
International Cosplay Day Singapore (ICDS) returns this August!
Into its fourth year, ICDS 2015 will once again feature internationally acclaimed guests, a gamut
of pop-culture content and Singapore's Annual Cosplay Chess stage show.
Following the success of last year's ICDS, which saw some 5,000 visitors attending the fan-driven
cosplay & pop-culture convention at *SCAPE in Orchard Road, organizer Neo Tokyo Project has
decided to up their game. This year, they have transformed the youth recreation and retail hub
into a two-day pop-culture playground that promises twice the fun.
The convention aims to attract more than 8,000 pop-culture lovers from all walks of life, including
anime fans, cosplay enthusiasts, gamers and photographers.
Guests-of-honor at ICDS 2015 includes the multi-talented Jin (BehindInfinity) from the
Jin is an internationally acclaimed cosplayer whose work has been featured on publications and
online media worldwide. Jin is known for versatility and accuracy in character portrayal, which is
showcased in elaborate photo shoots with cosplay group Tux Team. Recently making waves on
social media was their uncannily accurate cosplay photos of Disney’s “Big Hero 6”, as well as the
anime “Ore Monogatari!!”
Joining Jin is Indonesian PlaMo (plastic model) expert Ifan Cusianto. An award-winning PlaMo
builder and writer of the critically-acclaimed “Scratchbuild Revolution” guidebook, Ifan will be
sharing his techniques at the Hobbymate booth during ICDS.
“International Cosplay Day Singapore is a convention that transcends barriers”, said Mr. Jason
Koh, account director of Neo Tokyo Project. “The event celebrates pop-culture diversity, and we
hope to create a holistic environment where visitors can experience the best that pop-culture has
With the tagline “BREAK OUT!”, this year's convention aims to break Singapore's traditional
convention mould with more hands-on activities, panels, and learning opportunities.
Participants are also invited to step out of their comfort zones, to immerse themselves in on-stage
programs such as the Anime Quiz and Cosplay Runway, and to mingle with like-minded fans and
visitors in dedicated rest and hobby areas throughout the convention.
Both days of ICDS are also themed. Day 1 is dedicated to celebrating anime and Japanese popculture,
with the popular AniDance & Music segment in the evening, while Day 2 will see cosplay
performances come to the fore.
Tickets for ICDS are priced at $5 for a Day Pass, and $8 for a two-day Weekend Pass.
Tickets are available through Peatix (at http://icds2015.peatix.com). Limited tickets are also
available at the door.
More information about ICDS 2015 can be found at www.icdsg.com
- Cosplay Chess
- Fate (White) vs. Freedom (Black)
- Choreographed performances with improvised lines
- Finale is determined by audience votes in an online poll
- 11:00 – 11:30 Media Preview
- 11:30 – 12:00 Doors open to the public
- 12:00 – 13:00 Program Break
- 13:00 – 13:30 PlaMo Panel by Ifan Cusianto, brought to you by HobbyMate
- 13:30 – 14:00 Fightsaber Performance & Panel: Stage Combat Fundamentals
- 14:00 – 14:45 Meet-and-Greet: Jin (BehindInfinity) and Signings
- 14:45 – 15:00 Program Break
- 15:00 – 16:15 Anime Quiz Challenge, brought to you by Anime Yorozuya
- 16:15 – 16:30 Program Break
- 16:30 – 17:30 Cosplay Runway Showcase
- 17:30 – 17:45 Program Break
- 17:45 – 19:30 AniDance & Music Celebration
- 19:30 – 20:00 Last entry. Doors close at 20:00 sharp.
- 11:00 – 12:00 Doors open to the public
- 12:00 – 12:30 Meet-and-Greet: Jin (BehindInfinity) and Signings
- 12:30 – 13:30 Program Break
- 13:30 – 14:30 Cosplay Talent Showcase Competition
- 14:30 – 14:45 Program Break
- 14:45 – 15:00 Cosplay Talent Showcase Prize-Giving Ceremony
- 15:00 – 15:30 Fightsaber Performance & Panel: Advanced Stage Combat
- 15:30 – 16:00 Program Break
- 16:00 – 18:00 Singapore's 5th Annual Cosplay Chess performance
- 18:00 – 18:30 ICDS 2015 Finale
- 18:30 – 19:00 Last entry. Doors close at 19:00 sharp.
- 11:00 – 19:00 Cosplayer's Recharge Zone, Dedicated Photography Zone, Dealer's Row
- 11:00 – 19:00 Doujin Market & Extravaganza Exhibition
Some of the Doujin Market Merchandise
- Floor Plan
- Art Mage Studio
- Revolutionary Happy System
- That Perfectionist Wanna be-
- Don't Shy
- Nearest MRT: Somerset,Exit B or Orchard MRT,Exit C, D. Personally I prefer Somerset MRT, its much nearer.
- Bus services to *SCAPE: 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174E & 175 (Alight at National Youth council Stop)
- Official Transport Partner
- New users are eligible for “ICDS2015” promo code on 22-23 August for an $8 ride discount
- Applies to trips from SCAPE or ending at SCAPE only.
- Applicable to both GrabCar and GrabTaxi.