For a third consecutive year, fans can look forward to a colourful and vibrant display of cosplay at the DBS Marina Regatta. The DBS Marina Regatta Cosplay Cup, organised by Neo Tokyo Project, will feature celebrity cosplayers such as Dat-Baka and Tessie as well as see more than 100 cosplayers showcase their craft.
Leading up to the DBS Marina Regatta, the bank has also commissioned local illustration team DatWorks to create a short manga – “Dragonboat of Miracles”. The sports-themed manga celebrates the teamwork, passion and zeal of athletes as they paddle towards a common goal. Pages of the manga will be released www.dbsmarinaregatta.com, with the conclusion to be revealed at the regatta.
- Cosplay competition with cosplay celebrities Dat-Baka and Tessie as guest judges. More than SGD 2,000 of cash prizes to be won (6 June)
- Conclusion to online manga “Dragonboat of Miracles”. Dat-Baka and Tessie will play the lead characters, bringing the manga to life at the DBS Marina Regatta (6 June)
- Dat-Baka and Tessie fan meet-and-greet sessions (6-7 June)
- Epic performances for Star Wars fans by Fightsaber, Singapore's only Lucasfilm-recognised lightsaber choreography stunt troupe (31 May, 6-7 June)
- Kawaii dance routines and refreshing ice cream served up by popular meido performers from Pika Pika Meido Café (31 May, 6-7 June)
Singapore’s biggest water sports festival, the DBS Marina Regatta 2015 will be held in conjunction with the 28th SEA Games, and will offer new experiences such as Paddle for Good, an urban beach with pop-up cafes as well as popular events such as the food festival and cosplay performances.
Cosplayers taking part in this year’s regatta can enjoy the comfort of a fully air-conditioned rest area, complimentary beverages and take part in a survey where they stand to win up to SGD 400 to help create their dream cosplay costume.
To register and for more information on the DBS Marina Regatta Cosplay Cup, please visit www.dbsmarinaregatta.com/cosplay.php