Let us first talk about the upgrading process:
- Everything was Smooth right from the Start, i just went over to https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-SG/,click on continue,filled in the form.
- The email came within minutes with the link to download the Upgrade Assistant
- Within an hour after the download complete i found myself running windows 8 with everything still intact. The only things that was not working was my Intel Wireless and Bluetooth other than that everything else was working perfectly right from my first windows 8 bootup.
- Even so i still went over to http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE60-0NC.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win8%2064 to download the manufacturers driver updates.
- Within another 30 minuets i found myself exploring and playing around with Windows 8.
|Everything was done right from the Upgrade Assistant , from checking compatibility to installation.|
- Like everyone else i didn't really like the metroUI on my system so i downloaded 3rd party Start button plugin for my Windows 8 desktop:
|What you see here its call Classic shell .|
- Currently there are 2 popular choices for the 3rd party Start button plugins. I chose Classic shell over Stardock's Start8 . Because the former is free the latter requires you to pay after a 30 day trial.
- Everything is highly customized-able: