As Japan the worlds most equipped country to coped with earthquake gabbled to cope the monstrous 9.0 quake that hit it northern coast on Friday,the new media(Social Networks,Blogs,Forums) & the media(TV,radio,Printed materials) Lets look at the good,the bad and the ugly so far....
- World powers responded immediately for humanitarian aid for now there are at least 50 international rescue teams (US,China,Singapore and even New Zealand who are coping with thier own disaster back at home) on site in japan to aid in the situation,while online Google launches the people finder.
- Domestically Twitter Accounts on how people assist each other in times of crisis back in japan own ground are encouraging heart warming(Translated) and the fact that the japanese are able to remain clam.
- Similarly this tumblr post(Translated) a said Chinese national of her accounts on how the japanese help her and the other Chinese national make us question ourselves about our antics.
- International celebs urges thier fan to donate to help with quake relief efforts,from lady gaga's armband to Linkin Park's T-shirt
- The death toll from the dual disaster is estimated to hit 10,000
- The magnitude 9.0 quake which was upgraded from 8.9 yesterday was the largest ever recorded in japan and the 5th largest in the world trigger a pacific wide tsunami,wave reach as far a chile
- Japan PM Naoto Kan description's of this catastrophe as Japanese worst since world war II
- With 2 said nitrogen explosion the Fukushima nuclear power station at reactor 1 and 3,they trying in vain to prevent the 3rd that is at the stricken 2nd reactor.
- At the other end of the spectrum of post 1,point no.3 several intensive and IMO childish comments sprung up at the Chinese forums saying that its a kama for japan and such.
- Up north Malaysia's Berita Harian one of the national newspaper came under heavy fire after caricature of ultraman running away from a tsunami,The paper editors later apolgised.
- Similar to the above mention back in our own home ground Singapore, CNA was heavily criticize for it insensitive push of advertisement slots during the the airtime of coverage of the japanese disaster(s), the whole fiasco started with mr brown post of an email from the sole state media and it spread like viral infection through out the social networks,Mediacorp has issued an apology but many felt that its too little, too late