Hi all, this is speedknight reporting live from the grounds of STGCC day 1. The toughtful orgainzers have set up 3 computers at the Media village to allow the media pass holders to post 1st hand info on the event itself.
I was pretty caught suprised by this level of service that Reed exibitions has provided,i must remind myself to bring card reader tommrow so that i can post some pictures on my flickr while at the event.
Meanwhile here is some info should you decide to visit the event:
Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention (STGCC)
via STGCC official site
With an expected crowd of 45,000 attendees, STGCC brings the best of East and West to Asia, uniting the worlds of comics, anime, film, toys, collectibles and games with a whole new world of fans! Experience an onslaught of creative minds, presenting a visual feast of variety on the newest, hottest and most exciting products, personalities and characters.
Co-locating with Asia Television Forum (ATF), Asia's leading TV content market where the world's TV executives meet, STGCC presents unprecedented business opportunities for trade and consumer audiences.
See you in Singapore, the cosmopolitan hub of Asia.
Date: 10th to 12th December 2010
Venue: SUNTEC Singapore, Halls 401 & 402
Fri, 10th Dec 2010 12.00pm to 9.00pm
Sat, 11th Dec 2010 11.00am to 9.00pm
Sun, 12th Dec 2010 11.00am to 8.00pm
1 Day Pass - S$10.70
3 Day Pass - S$21.40
AKB48 (Meet the fan session) - S$32.10
Get ready to scream with Animax package – S$37.45
* price(s) includes GST
* price(s) excludes booking fee
* AKB48 (Meet the fan session) includes a one day access to STGCC 11 Dec 2010 (Sat)
* For the Animax package, please refer to STGCC websitefor information
Be the first 500 to walk through STGCC doors everyday (1 toy/ticket holder) and receive:
• Saturday – Animax goodie bag sponsored by Animax
• Sunday – Ghostbuster minimates worth US$15.99 sponsored by Diamond Comic Distributors.
Daily giveaways in the exhibition, while stocks last:
• Free toy capsules sponsored by Sheng Tai
• Free comics sponsored by GnB Comics and Jove Pata Media
• Free superhero posters sponsored Marvel Comics
• Free magazines sponsored by Playworks
• Free Pororo training chopsticks to be given at the screenings, sponsored by Iconix South Korea
• Free T-shirts, lanyards and USB sticks to be given during Generator Rex Asian Premiere, sponsored by Cartoon Network.
• Plus, attractive prizes to be given away during contests at the main stage!
Free Goodie Bags and Posters up for Grabs!
-Up to 5 exclusive Kinokuniya Trexis are up for grabs for the five fans who answer Clone Wars trivia questions correctly during the panel! These Trexis are sponsored by Kinokuniya. The Clone Wars panel will take place during More giveaways at STGCC panels such as Kinokuniya cash vouchers and two Vertigo Sandman statues worth more than S$390.00 each.
-Free Karneval posters are also up for grabs with each purchase of the manga Karneval (Vol. 1).
Instructions to buy/redeem your tickets
1. If you have your tickets already on hand, please proceed to level 3 (Concourse).
2. If you have bought BUT not collected your tickets, please proceed to level 1 and queue under the rows "Venue Collection"
3. If you have not bought your tickets, please proceed to ...level 1